

Graham Carver turns 16!
Craig and I helped Graham celebrate his 16th birthday by taking him out for his first steak dinner. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so the picture of Truman eating birthday cake will have to suffice. Craig and I were on our "lemonade fast" so we watched Graham eat his steak and smashed potatoes at J. Alexander's. I think he liked it, though he said the burger was great there, too! I love simplicity!
You may be interested in remembering the actual birth of Graham. He was my first homebirth. Jared was born in a hospital, because I was too afraid to try homebirth! But, because I had no difficulty, I decided to try homebirth with the encouragement of Craigand much to the fear and trepidation of both our families. I attended all my prenatal visits, and finally the day arrived. Somewhere in the middle of the night, I had false labor, and doctor and nurse arrived at the house in Roselle, IL. Right about that time, labor stopped. Completely. Zip. Zero and nada. The doctor and nurse stayed for a couple of hours and then left. Later in the day, Craig took me for a stress test on the baby, and everything was fine. Went home, exhausted and took a nap. I awoke to contractions, and Craig snoring next to me. Read the newspaper for a bit, then, realized that I was in labor, and asked Craig to help me get on my nightgown. By that time, I had the urge to push . . . . already! Craig ran to phone the doctor. He could not think to get the directions out. I kept yelling for him, after walking to the bathroom. He finally dropped the phone (before the cordless phones were around) and got to the top of the stairs to see me push Graham out standing up in the bathroom! (What a sight) Before this, Jared, who was just 2, stood there and started to cry. I said, as calmly as I could, "Jared, it is going to be ok. Do not worry." That's all he needed. Everything in his world was fine, and he continued to watch me, but not crying.
I was the only physical person in the room when Graham was born. He was a beautiful baby. Maybe the cutest we have ever had. I have adored him ever since. God was very kind to allow his entrance into the world to be sweet, and safe. I don't deserve you, Graham. God has indeed blessed me by sending you to our family. You are a gem!
I love you, Graham!
3 comments:
Thank you!
>>>The Voice<<<
What a great birth story! One that you'll tell generations to come! Thanks for sharing and what a sweet tribute to Graham.
If i walked into the bathroom to see my mom giving birth id cry my head off....and im 18! =0
Post a Comment