Monday, January 7, 2008

The Weird World of Tattoos

Okay, so I find tattoos very weird and strange. I mean, some of them may be lovely, though I don't appreciate the dedication to avante garde edginess. I have seen a pretty butterfly (how quaint) that was attractive, but I mean, what is the point?? I truly find the attraction to tattoos odd. I think they are very ugly, and can't help but conjuring up a voodoo shaman, smoking his weed and chanting to, uh, not my god, when I see them. Sorry, you cooler than cool 20 something generation. (generation x'rs?) I have long ago lost my desire to be cool (actually, I don't think I ever had it...no surprise to any who know me...I DO NOT follow the crowd!!)

I am amazed at the popularity this "artwork". Such an ugly thing, and the pain involved to get them is tremendous I hear. I can just hear the same crowd complaining about the pain of childbirth...

Know of someone who wishes like anything he did not get a tattoo. My husband says that long sleeves have to cover them in the business world, to have some appearance of professionalism. In the office?? No, this is at a 5 star hotel. This friend is now a newbie cop, and he got tattoos before he was saved. He is terribly embarrassed of them and wants to get rid of them. Well, at least he sees their oddness and lack of professionalism.

Think long and hard about doing such an irreversible act. I know they can be removed, with lots of $$ and more pain and possible infection...yuck. No thanks.


3 comments:

Kathryn's Photography said...

Great Post! I am so WITH YOU ALL THE WAY!!!!
Why get a tattoo??...... It's not cool...

Kathryn~

sethswifeforlife said...

my thoughts exactly, Julie!!!!

*The*Fashion*Girl* said...

Thanks for posting.
NICE post.